In this article, I share a list of the recommended resources that have helped me learn React.
Core React skills
Yes, React is taking over front-end development. The question is why. Samer Buna on Medium
- Really simple tutorial on React
- Be aware that the syntax is not as modern as it could be.
- Make sure you do the improvements at the end! You are welcome to compare your solutions with mine.
- Start by implementing the example in Thinking in React on your own and then read the documentation from the beginning. This will show you where your gaps are.
- I would recommend coming back to the advanced guide once you have a bit more practice with React.
Once you have completed the resources above I would recommend practising the concepts by starting a project of your own. It can be something similar to My Movies, which is a project I started for the same reason.
React Status newsletter is definitely worth subscribing to!
Follow this React developer roadmap to go from zero to hero
Presentational and Container Components A nice way to structure your app
Styling React/ReactNative Applications - Max Stoiber discusses the motivation behind styled components
React tools from the Syntax.fm podcast with Wes Bos and Scott Tolinski